Freezing a tracks has been a great way to save CPU load. The down side was you had to un-freeze tracks to edit them. Ablteon 6 will introduce Deep Freeze, which will allow you to do the following even if the track is frozen*:
- Edit, cut, copy, paste, duplicate and trim clips
- Draw/edit mixer automation and mixer clip envelopes
- Record Session View clip launches into the Arrangement
- Create, move and duplicate Session View scenes
- Drag frozen MIDI clips into audio tracks
Now that’s cool!
Composer, Synthesist, Electronic Musician & Multimedia Artist | Sr. Systems Analyst | Founder of the Rocky Mountain Synthesizer Meetup