There is a free update to Dimension Pro – Version
1.2. Registered users can get it here http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/kb2005302.asp.
the Cakewalk’s web site, features include:
- Intel Enabled Mac Support — A new AU package file provides full
compatibility on Intel-based Mac Systems.
- RTAS Support — RTAS package provides native plug-in support through RTAS for
Pro Tools 7.0 and above (Mac) and Pro Tools 6.0 and above (Windows).
- 64-capable DXi format — Dimension Pro’s updated DXi plug-in runs natively
in SONAR 5 on new Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Intel EM64T and AMD
x64 chipsets. In addition to increased processing performance under x64, a
primary benefit to Dimension Pro’s x64 implementation is the access of up to 128
GB of RAM which will allow for more simultaneous instances of Dimension Pro
running larger program banks.
- REX support — Dimension Pro can now load REX format loops, as well as .sfz
format grooves files in any element, in addition to the standard .sfz
- Microtuning and Alternate tuning with Scala file support — Dimension Pro can
now load native Scala .scl microtuning files.
- MIDI Learn — Assign any knob on screen to any MIDI controller event,
including Aftertouch and Pitch Bend.
- Master FX — New reverb algorithms have been added to the Master FX section
providing seven reverb modes on output: Small Room, Mid Room, Large Room, Small
Hall, Mid Hall, Large Hall and Chamber.
- Insert FX — The new reverb modes have also been added to the Insert FX
section. Additionally, a distortion algorithm has been added, letting you warm
or degrade your sounds with textures ranging from gritty to screaming.
- Copy/Paste Element FX — Dimension Pro now allows you to copy/paste Insert FX
settings between Elements.