Image-Line, the creators of FL Studio have announced a new software synthesizer called Poizone. Poizone is a subtractive synthesizer (click image above to see full resolution snapshot) and according to Image-Line is "designed to bring you professional quality results, without
a learning curve that hinders your creativity. The concept behind
PoiZone was to design a synthesizer that had the smallest number of
controls while providing the maximum flexibility and features."
The synth runs as a VSTi on both Windows and Mac OSX and costs $79. It’s currently on sale for $49 till the end of the year.
- 2 oscillators that can produce the two most popular and useful shapes for subtractive synthesis: fat, bright SAW and PULSE shapes, with adjustable pulse width.
- Noise generator.
- Ring modulation
- Sync modulation
- 16 voice polyphony
- 4 voice UNISON with user-adjustable stereo panning and ‘Octaver’. The Octaver expands the harmonic range and flexibility of the unison sound to support the creation of realistic ‘vox-like’ effects
- 2 ADSR envelope generators. One for traditional envelope duties, the other can be user assigned
- 3 FILTER modes – low pass, band pass and high pass. PoiZone features a warm, super-trooper-extra-analog-moog-like-mega filter with self oscillation. Special attention has been given to precise filter tuning so that when KEYTRK is set to maximum, the PoiZone filter will track keyboard frequency precisely so it can be used as an oscillator. The PoiZone filter has bright and clean sound or it can be ‘grungy’ and ‘angry’ when resonance is introduced as it features some light distortion. And even with distortion the filter sounds clean on high frequencies as it has no aliasing
- Keyboard and Velocity tracking for the filter
- Multi-mode Arpeggiator
- Noise Gate with an adjustable 16 step pattern. The gate features smoothness control and the ability to import/export patterns to .fxp files
- DELAY effect, with tempo-synced click-free stereo delays and delay time modulation. Lo-cut and hi-cut for trancers!
- CHORUS with a warm sound with great unison emulation
- MIDI learn feature with the ability to save/load MIDI setups to/from a patch
- LFO and MOD WHEEL modulation. Can be assigned to a wide range of performance parameters in PoiZone
Artist site: http://www.markmoshermusic.com
Host of Sonic Encounters Podcast: http://markmoshermusic.com/podcast/.
Boulder Synthesizer Meetup founder and host: http://www.bouldersynth.com