Image Line software has released FL studio 7. The update is free for existing customers (for those not familiar with Image Line’s lifetime free updates, visit this link). New users can get 10% off of FL Studio by using this link.
New features include:
- Pattern Clips – a new method for creating audio, MIDI, and automation clips in the playlist.
- The Edison Audio Editor – an extremely powerful and fully integrated audio editor and recording tool replacing the wave editor. Edison loads into an effect slot (in any mixer track) and will then record or play audio from that position.
- Love Philter – Love Philter consists of eight identical filter units, each able to be feed to the next one in the chain. It can create complex delay, gating and filtering effects.
- Parametric EQ2 – an advanced 7-band parametric equalizer plugin with spectral analysis.
- Smart disable mode added for Generators/Instrument plugins (it was previously only for Effects plugins).
- Multithreading – Some generators can now be threaded for CPU gain on dual cores.
- Mono source recording.
- Support for Apple AIFF loops
- Bug fixes updates to existing plug-ins
For more details and a demo version visit http://www.flstudio.com. Note all FL Studio demo versions are fully featured allowing you to create new songs and export them to WAV or MP3. However, save project is disabled.
In upcoming posts I will discuss some of the new features and plug-ins in more detail.
Artist site: http://www.markmoshermusic.com
Host of Sonic Encounters Podcast: http://markmoshermusic.com/podcast/.
Boulder Synthesizer Meetup founder and host: http://www.bouldersynth.com