(March 4, 2007 – Article update: Ableton has done more testing. They report that 6.0
– The drawing of the status bar in the Splash screen does not work properly
Ableton has released information on compatibility of Ableton Live 6 on Windows Vista. They also have announced a new update for all platforms.
According to a recent announcement on Ableton’s forum, version 6.0.3 will run on does so with some limitations such as:
- Starting Live 6.0.3 will temporarily disable the AERO Glass
- The drawing of the status bar in the Splash screen does not work properly
- First time decoding an MP3 (or similar) file requires administrator rights
For a full list of the limitations click here.
More importantly though, Ableton has announced a new update, version 6.0.5, which not only has minor bug fixes but also includes some fixes to address Vista compatibility. Some improvements listed are:
- Improved the ‘Best’ interpolation setting of the Sampler instrument.
- Starting Live on Windows Vista would not longer disable AERO Glass.
So whether you are on Windows XP, Mac, or Windows Vista, I recommend you download the latest update here.
Artist site: http://www.markmoshermusic.com
Host of Sonic Encounters Podcast: http://markmoshermusic.com/podcast/.
Boulder Synthesizer Meetup founder and host: http://www.bouldersynth.com