Article Update: Obviously the show is over and Blake got 2nd. If you found this article, you might be interested in knowing the Blake uses a program called Ableton Live. This program is extremely popular for composing, producing, as a recording studio, mixing, mashups, djing, and performing live. One of the key reasons so many use it is that you can ONE program to both create music and perform Live! It’s also extremely popular for laptop use.
This blog has a "Ableton Live" category dedicated to helping people work with the program. If you are interested in buying this program or upgrading from an older version to the current version, you can buy this program at a discount using these links: Ableton Live 6 Music Software | Ableton Live 6 Upgrade from Version 5 . Check out www.ableton.com for more info on the product.
I just watched the final of Idol. Still few hours to vote. I’m voting for Blake Lewis. Lets rally and get some more votes for a contemporary artist by calling:
Here why I say so:
- He’s fresh and contemporary – about time we had an idol winner who’s doing something new.
- He’s not just an singer. He’s also a producer, arranger, and performer. It would be really refreshing to see someone like this win Idol.
- This is not some sort of short-cut for him but more of a "break" into the big time. He was performing before Idol (check out this video).
- It will be good publicity for the electronic music/DJ/Beatbxing community if he wins.
- He uses Ableton Live – I use Ableton Live :^)
- In the final, I thought he did a better job on 2/3 songs. His performance of the song "This Is My Now” (picked
by viewers in an online "American Idol” songwriting contest) was REALLY not his style and gave an advantage to Jordan Sparks. If the winner of the songwriting contest would have been a non "Celine Dionesque" song, Blake would have had a chance at winning the 3rd song as well.
- Overall, he’s been solid as a singer and performer week after week and has not been afraid to take risks.