Article update: Looks like Cakewalk now has their site in order. Of course the product info and links in this post still apply.
Cakewalk has released Sonar 7 although their web site seems to be in flux regarding this version and they didn’t even get a press release out before posting the kit (perhaps they are trying to get it out there quickly with the announcement of Logic 8). Therefore, I dug up some links for you Sonar users out there so you can figure out what’s new, as well as purchase. Note, they usual upgrade deals exist.
The front of their website still shows 6 as current, but if you click through to the product page Sonar 7.
According to the product page, here is what’s new.
- A complete MIDI overhaul with Smart MIDI Tools and dozens of other new features
- Introduction of the most powerful Step Sequencer found in any DAW
- True linear phase mastering plug-ins
- Internal sidechaining
- Delay compensation for external hardware
- Pitch to MIDI functionality with Roland V-Vocal 1.5
- Numerous workflow, mixing, and delivery enhancements throughout the application.
Here is a link to a flash promo – http://www.cakewalk.com/products/sonar/Sonar_7_Features.swf.
The product page doesn’t have an order link, but you can order by clicking purchase, or using this link – http://store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/category.aspx?categoryID=9.
Detail specs are not yet on the product page, but I found a list in the cakewalk forums here – http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1158394.
Composer, Synthesist, Electronic Musician & Multimedia Artist | Sr. Systems Analyst | Founder of the Rocky Mountain Synthesizer Meetup