Image Line just released FL Studio 8. While I don’t use it as my primary DAW, I do use the killer step sequencer for programming loops from time to time. Image Line’s policy of free updates (yes, free) has made it a "no-brainer" for me to stay current. I’ve just downloaded version 8 and can report that it runs fine on Vista and opens my old projects back just fine.
New user pricing depends on which edition of FL Studio you choose (see links at bottom of post). Use this Modulate This link and save 10% all Image Line Products.
So what’s new in FL Studio 8?
- FL Synthmaker – create & share your own FL instruments.
- One-click-recording using Edison wave editor plugin.
- Slicex, a new drumloop slicer & re-arranging tool.
- Soundgoodizer is a ‘maximizer-enhancer’ plugin based on the Maximus sound-process engine.
- Fruity Limiter for maximizing & compressing final mixes or individual tracks.
- Wave Candy is an audio analysis and visualization tool with Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer and Peak Meter.
- An update to Directwave
- Slip editing and resizing tool has been added to the Playlist for all clip types.
Artist site: http://www.markmoshermusic.com
Host of Sonic Encounters Podcast: http://markmoshermusic.com/podcast/.
Boulder Synthesizer Meetup founder and host: http://www.bouldersynth.com