Novation Music announced Universal Automap 2.0 back in January. The first Novation product to utilize Automap 2 was the Nocturn. Automap 2.0 is now available as a free download for Novation’s ReMOTE SL series and ReMOTE SL COMPACT owners.
I own the Remote SL 25 and just installed the 2.0 update on Vista and all seems fine. Two general tips I can offer when installing updates for Novation controller is to 1) exit the Automap application running in your tray prior to installation 2) turn off or unplug other USB controllers during install.
I’m still trying to figure out the best way to use this with Live and will offer more posts on this in the future. Also, while the software is available, the documentation hasn’t been posted yet but there is a manual from the beta test listed in links below.
- Learn more about Automap Universal 2.0
- Downlaod link for Remote SL: http://www.novationmusic.com/support/software/remote_sl/
- Download link for Remote SL Compact: http://www.novationmusic.com/support/software/remote_sl_compact/
- Download link for Remote SL Zero: http://www.novationmusic.com/support/software/remote_zero_sl/
- Ableton Live Forum thread discussing Automap 2
- PDF Manual (beta)
- Musician’s Friend carries the entire line of Novation products