Ableton has released Live 7.0.5, a free update for registered users. You can download the update from http://www.ableton.com/latest_versions or by using the ‘Check for updates…’ command from Live’s help menu.
While the list of improvements and fixes is rather small (see below), users on the Ableton forum are reporting that 7.0.5 improves stability and performance (load times, drops outs). I’ve not used it much yet, but in a quick test agree that songs load faster.
- Updated manuals.
- Updated texts.
- When switching the Library to a folder on a different hard drive, a message box appears asking if the current library should copied to the new location too.
- Playing the “Clavibell.adg” preset from Puremagnetic Wavebase package could lead to a crash.
- Live could crash if the root dir of a file browser is set to a non-existing directory.
- Folders below the current selected Library folder or the current project could not be bookmarked.
- The message box with the information about the installed packages would miss a scrollbar if many packages would be installed.
- In Sampler, pan would not working properly.
Duplicate an audio track containing a clip with certain envelopes could lead crash Live.
Grouping a top level effect device that has any of its parameters macro-mapped would crash Live.
Composer, Synthesist, Electronic Musician & Multimedia Artist | Sr. Systems Analyst | Founder of the Rocky Mountain Synthesizer Meetup