SAVE $30 ON GLADIATOR 2 TILL AUGUST 6TH
If you follow Modulate This!, you know I’m a fan of Tone2’s Gladiator Virtual Synthesizer. My recent video Sound Design with Gladiator 2: HCM Synthesis Explained is already close to 3,000 views. As a result of the popularity of this video I’ve met Markus Feil, the developer or Gladiator 2. Markus was kind enough to extend a $30 off discount for Modulate This! readers – so you get this great synth for $169 instead of $199. You can see the link in the right hand column of the blog. Please don't post this link on other sites and instead direct people to Modulatethis.com. This will help me bring more offers like this to you in the future.
Two other items of interest for Gladiator users are listed below. I pulled the info from the most recent Tone2 newsletter.
Gladiator v2.1 (free for all Gladiator 2 users)
Improvements in sound quality:
– Drastically improved low notes oscillator sound
– Improved reverb sound: Softer and more diffuse reverb tails
– Improved psychoacustical processing
– Improved spectral slope of low frequencies to reduce gibbs effect for more 'analog' sound
– Improved sound quality of intelligent microtuning (IQM): Warmer sound for long release times
– Extended dB range of master volume knob
– Reworked existing factory presets: Warmer sound
– 3 new phase modulators for analog sounding pulsewidth modulation: PWM, PWM alt, phase shift
– Added song position sync support for LFO 1/2 ('bpm' has to be set to 'on' and 'retrigger' to 'off')
– Added split keyboard support; new modulation sources: Low keys, High keys
– Added new 'split' arp mode which applies ARP on high keys only and leaves low keys for basses
– 18 new factory sounds
Changes, fixes and improvements:
– Faster loading time of PC full version
– Demoversion: Nag Voice only every 9 minutes instead of every minute
– Improved host compatibility: Cubase 4 & 5, Orion, Fruity Loops, Logic
– Fixed (PC): Wrong version number was displayed in Cubase
– Fixed: Microglitch in volume envelope
– Fixed (Full version, Mac): 'Demoversion' instead of user name was displayed for 2 seconds after loading
– Fixed (PPC Mac): 'Spec format' and 'Spec clean' modifier could output silence
– Fixed (FUll version, Mac): 'save all' could crash Gladiator2
– Changed (Mac): Focus of mouseover when 'show editor' was set to 'off'
– Over 300 handpicked sounds
– Additional stereo trancegate effect with 22 patterns
– Additional reverb type: Reverb ultra
– 3 additional early reflection effects
– Additional aliaser lofi effect
– Additional stereo enhancer effect
– The expansion is directly integrated to the interface of Gladiator 2.1
– 3 additonal skins as bonus content: Gold, red and black
Impressive arpeggiator sequences, resonant basses, groovy drumlines, vocaloid sounds, cutting leads, chiptune sounds, techno stabs, rhythmic trancegates, deep housechords, atmospheric pads and ambient textures are among the many types of electronic sounds featured inside this expansion. A must have if you're looking for new sounds or if you want to expand Gladiator with more features.
- Other posts on Gladiator
- Hear Gladiator 2 on my single “Stealth". I created multiple custom presets for the lead arpeggiator sound and for many other tracks within this song.
- Tone2 Page – Learn more about Gladiator 2
Synth: Gladiator Synths & Instruments (Virtual) gladiator 2 Gladiator 2 Discount gladiator 2 video tutorial gladiator 2 vst Gladiator 2.1 Update Gladiator Electronic Expansion gladiator synthesizer gladiator tutorial gladiator video tutorial gladiator vst gladiator2 gladiator2 tutorial gladiator2 video tutorial glagladiator 2 tutorial harmonic content morphing hcm HCM synthesis explaineddiator vst tone2 tone2 gladiator tone2 gladiator 2
Artist site: http://www.markmoshermusic.com
Host of Sonic Encounters Podcast: http://markmoshermusic.com/podcast/.
Boulder Synthesizer Meetup founder and host: http://www.bouldersynth.com