Drumaxx Released Name Your Price
Image Line has just released a new Percussion Modeling Instrument called Drumaxx made by Maxx Claster. Drumaxx includes 130 drumkits, 900 drum patches, 200 drum patterns. If you use Sawer, Sakura, Morphine, Poizone, or Toxic Biohazard instruments, then you are familiar with Maxx’s work.
Image Line is offering Drumaxx as a “name your price” download for limited until March 31st,2010 with a minimum price of $13 USD with $1 going to support Haiti earthquake victims. With a deal like this I thought it was a “no brainer” so I picked it up.
One of the coolest features is that each of the 16 physically modeled drums can be routed to individual tracks within your host so you can add additional effects. Below I’ll show you how to set this up on Ableton Live.
Routing Pad Output to Audio Tracks in Ableton Live
To illustrate how this works, I’ll show you how to route a snare to a second Audio Track.
1) Insert Drumaxx into a MIDI track in Live
2) Insert a second audio track in Ableton Live called “Snare”. We’ll route the Snare pad to this track.
3) Click the name of the instrument you want to route – in this case “Snare L”.
4) This pops up a menu that allows you to select bus routing. I selected “Bus 1”. Note you can also place multiple pads on to “Groups”.
5) In the audio track called “Snare”, you can now change the input routing so signal comes from Drumaxx on Bus1. Then select Monitor to “In” and you’ll hear just the snare coming from Drumaxx. Now that you’ve isolated this pad on the Snare audio track, you can add native Ableton Live FX and VST FX to this track.
Electronic Music Artist, Composer, Sound Designer
Artist site: http://www.markmoshermusic.com
Host of Sonic Encounters Podcast: http://markmoshermusic.com/podcast/
Boulder Synthesizer Meetup founder and host: http://www.bouldersynth.com