I’m just now getting around to experimenting with some of the new features in Zebra 2.5 which was released in December. A couple of big new features worth noting are:
- New effect plugin Zebrify that allows you to use Zebra 2.5 effects on any synth. In the picture above (click to enlarge) I’m using it to add effects to U-HE ACE but it would work with any device. I love the idea of mixing FX from one synth with sound sources from another.
- XMF Filter module with 15 filter types
- Improved preset management (Favorites, Junk, drag'n'drop organisation, collapsible folders)
- Unlimited undo/redo for parameter
- New "SR Decimate" filter mode
- 100+ new presets by Howard Scarr
- ModMatrix now supports up to 12 slots
- Glide2 parameter which offsets Glide for modules with an even number (Osc2, Osc4, FMO2 etc.)
Bottom line, the new features take an already fantastic and classic synth and improve it allow for even more sonic possibilities.
I’m currently exploring the new XMF Filter module which is quite fantastic. Checkout this video overview from Urs.
Artist site: http://www.markmoshermusic.com
Host of Sonic Encounters Podcast: http://markmoshermusic.com/podcast/.
Boulder Synthesizer Meetup founder and host: http://www.bouldersynth.com