Modulate This! just turned 8 years old – woot!
In looking back at last year’s posts here are some categories which were areas of focus and also were were popular with readers.
- http://www.modulatethis.com/ableton_live/ – With the launch of Live 9 this category was quite popular. One article of note was “View Mindmap of What's New in Ableton Live 9”. The mindmap in this post has received over 10,000 views to date.
- http://www.modulatethis.com/mindmap/ – Mindmap posts in general were quite popular – as in I’m up to 60,000+ views on my mindmap channel http://www.mindmeister.com/users/channel/103187.
- http://www.modulatethis.com/absynth/ – For the last 12 months I’ve focused my programming from INIT energies on Absynth. I've also used it in almost every experimental music project this year making a frequent topic.
- http://www.modulatethis.com/maschine/ – I got into Maschine last November it too is represented throughout the year.
- https://modulatethis.com/octatrack/ – Halfway through the year I started working with Octatrack. It's difficult to learn but I really love working with it so lots of posts in the second half of the year.
- http://www.modulatethis.com/concerts/ – As always photos of events were popular. This category holds posts with flickr sets of photos of festivals I attended along with concerts form touring acts (like a show report of How to Destroy Angels)
My companion YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/newechoproductions was still popular and is closing in on 870,000 views. Even though I’ve moved away from doing tutorial videos for the most part, my older tutorial videos continue to be of interest. Most of the new content this year was made up of videos of sound design experiments and concert footage from my shows. Here some some highlights.
- "Inside the Grid on Altair IV" by Mark Mosher – A One-Note One-Patch Soundscape in Absynth 5” hasn’t received many views yet but I’m proud of it just the same. It really shows off what you can do when you go deep with a synth as powerfull as Absynth and hope you’ll take a moment to give it a view/listen.
- “Octatrack Meets Absynth” showed off the ambient possibilities with Octatrack t – a side that isn’t well represented yet.
- “Mark Mosher – Live Performance of "Stealth", Future Fest, Vance Brand Auditorium 4/18/2013” and “Behind-The-Scenes "Dark Signals" Soundcheck from 8/23/2013 Concert at Dairy Center” were personal highlights as they illustrated all the work that went into my new interactive visual show.
Here are some links you might find helpful going into year 8.
- The RSS feed remains the same and is http://feeds.feedburner.com/ModulateThis. You can sign up for email updates via this link as well.
- If you want to get notified of blog updates via social networks follow me on
- Companion media channels are:
- Support the effort
Thanks for reading, watching, and listening. Here is to another year!
Electronic Musician | Composer | Sound Designer | Performer