Modulate This! turned 14 on October 1st 2019. Yes that’s right, I started blogging on synth tech & technique way back in 2005.
Around 2010 I started an artist blog where I did posts on upcoming shows, releases, photos and videos of past shows, and talked about the live performance scene in Boulder, Denver, and around the US.
You can subscribe to my blog via email or RSS.
You are following this blog (manage).
Subscribe va RSS
- Interview with Gary Numan
- Interview with Composer Reinhold Heil on His Work on The Helix TV Series on SyFy
- I continued to share research in mindmap form like my Post on What’s New in Live 9 (mindmap viewed over 14,000 times).
- I’ve gone deep with instruments like Absynth and shared some tips on sound design – NI Absynth Tip: How to Set Channel Volume, Overall Preset Volume and Enable Automatic Channel Level Adjustment.
- I’m a hardcore Octatrack users. How to Run Your Elektron Octatrack (and Other Elektron Gear or Gear that Runs on DC) on Battery Power with the Tekkeon myPower ALL Plus MP3450i
- I’ve come to know some really cool people in my synth journey, so there were posts like this one trying to spread the word about their projects – Art + Music + Technology By Darwin Grosse – A Must Listen Podcast for Electronic Musicians
- I also had the good fortune to fly out and perform and do installations at festivals so I did a few show reports.
- Video and Photos from My 9 Box AudioCube Mountain Oasis 2013 Adventure with the Bob Moog Foundation.
Here is To Another Year!
I have a lots of ideas on new topics to cover and I’m also excited to report on the Denver / Boulder synthesizer scene (which is exploding) as well as spread the news about some cool projects by my synth friends.